Friday, June 10, 2011

Tired and upset

There should be snow in this picture because it snowed, lightly, for most of the day. I took this just so people could get a better view of the antlers and the dogs.

One day while I was running I heard a horrible screeching sound coming up behind me. I turned around to look and saw a big ol'truck pulling a boat along the gravel road. I am currently nursing an injured foot that's the result of running (at slow pace) on that gravel and I can only imagine that the boat left its hull in small bits and pieces as it was dragged along. There's probably a legitimate reason why the boat wasn't secured to the box of the truck. Probably.

My apologies for the composition of this shot; I was more concerned about making sure my sunglasses were in the photo and it shows. This derelict and roofless shack is situated right along the harbour -it's possible to see the the ice through the adjacent window. I'm sure I've mentioned this before but housing is in short supply in Tuk (like many northern communities). One of my students, a smart and capable fellow, had no interest pursuing further education because he just received a house through the housing association. The chance to get off income support and learn a trade were dwarfed by finally having his own place.
5 points to whoever finds my sunglasses.

4 comments:

sara said...

i love this game,although i think it might be unfair that i'm in the same time zone as you, and most others are not... TOO BAD!!! i see the sunglasses just above the first of the fence posts on the left ( i'm not sure if i described that properly but i PROMISE I DO SEE THEM!!!)

Marcia said...

Wow that was a tough one--I don't know if I would have seen the glasses without Sara's comment guiding me to the right part of the picture!
(Oh my gosh, my secret word is "sesse"--hee).

Jesse V. said...

Bravo Sara - I'm going to have to amp the difficulty (and points) next week.
You now have 15 KPs! Congratz.

Bronwen said...

I found them, but i must admit david is wicked awesome at this game....he looks for literally 5 seconds and then finds the hidden treasures - but don't worry (aside from the antlers) david refuses to give me hints or clues.