Sunday, October 22, 2006

Laptropolis

I came home with a new addition to the room yesterday. Ol'shitty was not impressed.

OS: why are you doing this to me?
JV: Well ol'shitty, there comes a time when a guy has to do what a guy has to do.
OS: Right, first it's the ethernet cable, then it's weekends away. We've had over five years together - are you really going to throw that all away?
JV: You don't understand - you don't work properly anymore. Plus, your monitor is bigger than a well made economy sized car, how am I supposed to move that Ontario?
OS: Oh, I understand alright. If you really cared you'd find a way - so I came with a little more than most models, I can't help that, please don't do this.
JV: I'll always remember the times we've had together, please don't make this any harder then it needs to be. I thought computers didn't have emotions anyway
OS: (sniff) 010101
JV: Well, if that's the way you feel then good night.

Yes, I am now the new owner of a new laptop. Thanks to both the my mom and a scholarship from my home province (they gave to me because I'm from a small town, how sweet is that).

No comments: