Saturday, December 19, 2009

before and after


While saying my goodbyes a co-worker told me there was some concern as to whether or not I was returning after the Christmas break. This was mostly meant as a joke because she went on to say that the concern was due to my classroom being so clean. I could have retorted with something witty (which I still can't think of), instead I just said "to be continued, followed by an ellipses."
Later, when the plane I was on broke through the clouds and I saw the sun for the first time in weeks, there was silent yet audible emotion from every one of the other passengers. I'm sure that if Crayloa made a crayon for 'joy' its colour would be the sun.
This morning I woke up in another world. One with two cats and a Capital M. Though I have had a really positive experience up North it is wonderful to be home.

1st picture - Inuvik - Igloo church taken around 4:00pm
2nd picture - Toronto, Lake Ontario - taken around 8:30am

2 comments:

butterfly-girl said...

very happy holidays to both of you (or all four of you)

Jobes said...

Welcome back to Ontario my friend, it's been pretty wet here lately. The best to you, Capital M and the pets of course.

Cheers
Joel