Sunday, October 18, 2009

Odyssey


I leave town for one week and:
  • I lose three students (1 was removed from my class list because she stopped showing up after the first week, another was kicked out of my morning class because she never attends (she is still in her afternoon classes (for now)), and another decided she's moving to the capital city)
  • my English class now has 6 students (I started with 10)
  • no less than 85 work e-mails were sent to me (only three of them were actually for me(see 1st point))
  • the town seems to have run out of milk. Conclusion - the Dempster highway is closed
  • the milk I had bought, and froze, for this occasion has turned an unsightly and somewhat unpleasant yellow colour. Under normal circumstances I would 'forget' about the milk in the freezer but now it's the last bastion of hope for maintaining my morning routine
  • the fruit section of the supermarket could be used in film about the early days of exploration; the ones where sailors try to stave off scurvy by preserving fruits for as long as possible. The produce I saw today would work well for the tail end of a long journey
  • My place of employment had an open house. I was told it was happening in early November
  • My computer at work looked as though it 'threw up' all of the documents I had put into specific folders. The documents were splattered all over the desktop.
  • (the above photograph is a garbage can in Yellowknife)
ps - I had an awesome week with Capital M

No comments: