Thursday, March 23, 2006

Up in smoke

I would have thought that talking on a cell phone while riding the city bus would not be the best place to conduct your drug dealing business. Apparently, I thought wrong. While taking the bus home from school today I, and everyone else around me, overheard the wheelings and dealings of small time drug dealer. He's lucky I'm missing one of my casual crime fighting gloves because that would have been the perfect situation to bring them out. It seemed like he was in a bit of a bind. His supplier was currently at the police station and he was therefore unable to get the goods to where they needed to go. The truly amazing thing about this was that he was talking to both his supplier and his client at close to the same time. He would switch between one and the other. It went something like this :

Drug Dealer (to supplier): what you let them catch you with it in your car! just a minute
DD (to client): I'm sorry man, my supplier is at the police station as we speak, they pulled him over for a random check and saw it in the back - hold on
DD (to supplier): they found it all! - what I am supposed to do, I have this guy's money? chill for minute
DD (to client): I'm going to hit up my dealer's woman and see if we can get your money back, I'm sorry dawg. Okay, I'll be in touch soon.
DD (to supplier): you say Eddi's there, how's he doing?...

So I guess the real lesson I learned is that you should only give payment upon delivery when it comes to the purchases of illegal substances. Don't plan ahead and don't try and be a keener.

No comments: