Monday, January 23, 2012

Space rock

It was the week of blizzards up in the land of ice and snow.  Fortunately the hamlet never lost power or phone/internet so it was a pretty ideal situation for a snow day (or two).

I do love the sunsets up here.  It's possible to see two pingos in the distance.

 This is actually a giant snow drift.

The wind is pretty serious about making snow drifts.  Some places barely have any snow, usually places that don't require snow removal.

 Snow bike

 Can you find a boat in this picture?

A local resident building an igloo (possibly for an igloo building contest).   

Nothing remarkable - I just like the shot.

I took this during the more easy-going 2nd blizzard of of the week. 

I had to bring a shovel and dig my way to work after the 1st blizzard.

These guys had to dig more.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

I really love the pictures. Is the boat in front of the silver camper thing?