Sunday, June 19, 2011

Please don't look away

Yesterday was a special day in Tuk. There are four teachers retiring from the school at the end of the month - two of those teachers have taught up here for 25 years each. I've been here for a few months and it's felt like at least one year. (From what I understand most southerners don't last more than three years.) In celebration of the long and valued careers of the two teachers the school, the hamlet and few other organizations threw a town feast/retirement party. It was a huge fete with steaks, burgers, hotdogs, and cake. I cooked hundreds of burgers, in the rain, over an incredibly smoky fire (my bedroom now smells like a fire pit). My favourite part of the evening was seeing a dog brake free of its chain and come charging over to join the party. There were a few hot dogs that had rolled off the grate so I fed them to the dog.

No snow - no problem. Actually that's a lie, it was a problem for this guy towing a 'boggin full of wood. The would-be snowmobiler had to get off and push his ski-doo, several times, over some bushes that stopped his progress. I tried to secretly take this from my office window.

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's....
I think this is probably the toughest one yet so I'm saying it's worth 50 points. Good luck.



2 comments:

sara said...

this is too hard!!!
i think that maybe there is a rock with a drawing of a red bird in like the middle of the picture OR there is what looks like a little bird's next.... i don't know!!!

Jesse V. said...

You're so close Sara - I've posted another photo - closer this time. You can do it!