Sunday, March 28, 2010

back to the sea


A day at the jamboree. The above dog musher won the race. Unlike the competition (top picture), these dogs did not feel the need to sniff the spectators.

The plank walk is a lot tougher than it sounds. These kids taught me a valuable lesson - no one should take part in this contest if they have osteogenisis imperfecta (that's you Mr. glass) or hemophilia.

The Old Lady table. This is a tough clique to break into.

Log sawing contest. The guy in the red and black jacket was supposed to be keeping time. I can only guess that he must have a supernatural sense of time, not unlike DC comic's Temple Fugate, because I never saw him consult his watch. This didn't stop him from coming up with some very specific numbers.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

I think we can all agree that Sniff the Competition would be an amazing band name.

I love the pictures--it looks like a fun time is being had by all!

Marcia said...

(Sniff the Spectators sounded a bit creepy)

Jesse V. said...

M,

I think 'Sniff the Spectators' would be an even better band name.