Monday, January 25, 2010

take me back

These are for all the people who are currently in snowless conditions.

The town hospital. I've been there once; accompanying a student who had a strange lapse during math. Though it was a nice enough place I have no desire to go back.



Unsurprisingly, people like to Skidoo around here. In fact, someone's doing it right now - in total darkness at 9:30pm.
I took this while standing on the mighty McKenzie river around 1:00pm. Unfortunately, I was unable to fully capture the blowing snow (on film). While taking this I was thinking "there's no such as thing as cold - just an absence heat." That didn't make my fingers feel any warmer.

5 comments:

sara said...

gorgeous pictures-and I do miss the snow!!

Marcia said...

Wow--such beautiful pictures! The snow looks so pretty, though I am quite happy with our warm, rainy conditions here :)

Jeff said...

Vancouver might need you to ship some of that snow down... we are a bit short!

butterfly-girl said...

Thanks Jesse. People look at me like I have 7 heads when I say I miss the cold. I do! And the snow! It's almost like you created this post just for me (which I know you didn't, but I'm going to imagine you did and feel all flattered).
P.S. There is more Where's Joshua coming on our blog - it's hard to find the time after running around after him all day to update EVERYthing. Thanks for asking - I'm glad you enjoy it!

Marcia said...

I am still in snowless conditions but thought maybe I could say at least it is really cold here...but then I checked and even with the wind chill it's 16 degrees colder there right now. All this to say: I miss you and wish you were here!