Sunday, November 29, 2009

ninny-muggins

One of the assignments for the adult learning theory class I'm taking is to provide weekly class feedback. Here's what I said for our last class:

I know that reflection is important for educators; we need to constantly assess our practices in the never ending endeavor of improving them. As such, I understand why teacher educator programs have such a strong focus on reflection. However, I think there are limits to what we need to reflect on. For example, at the end of our class you had us reflect on the statement ‘time flies.’ In fairness we did not spend a great of time on this but I felt as though our time could have been better spent doing something else. To me, ‘time flies’ is one of those small-talk conversations you have with co-workers around this time of year or with a classmate (outside of class) at the end of a term. I truly appreciate that you make an effort to fold our feedback into class (and that you allow for feedback) but I don’t feel that conversation was worthy of our time.

I only have three more waste of time classes left.

3 comments:

butterfly-girl said...

I applaud your response. So well said. Did you copy this to all education programs in Canada???
:)

Jeff said...

Wow almost done already?!
Time really just flew off huh!

Jesse V. said...

butterfly-girl - I should have
Hamesy - Haha