Saturday, October 27, 2007

ready to go

My downstairs neighbour has started her own dating agency. I'm not sure I understand how the matching process works exactly but I do know that it involves meditation and yoga on the part of my neighbour. Every now and then she has a get together for her hopeful clients and tonight is one of those nights. For the past few hours I have listened to the arrhythmic drumming of a tubla, muffled conversations, and laughter. As such, on some level I would say this evening would appear to be a success.
My neighbour even stopped by to invite Capital M and me over for some food. However, Capital M is back in Halifax for the next week and I declined the offer - I wouldn't want the female clients to be disappointed when they found out I wasn't on the market.
I’m kidding, of course. I think my neighbour is secretly hoping to get Capital M in her pool of daters. She already told M that she’d be perfect for what one of her clients was looking for.
Maybe it's just as well she's not here...

1 comment:

Jobes said...

Hello Jesse V,

Jobes here just letting you know I finally found you, not that I am stalking of course. I sent you an e-mail during the summer and you never replied (what's up with that?)
I am now back home in the K teaching in my old high school (it is weird?). How's Toronto? How's M? How are your sweaters doing?

Later
Jobes