Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Big Mouth

I went to a wedding this weekend. This one was special because it was mom's and it was her first time getting married. Amazingly, it was also the first marriage for her fiance too. I had only met the guy once before (I don't see my mom very often) and he seemed like a good guy All in all, it was a really great weekend. My uncle came for the event. I'm afraid that words (especially mine) won't do him justice but I'll try anyway. He is someone whose enthusiasm for life and all of its mysteries is infectious. When discovering that there were raccoons living around the house where we were staying he said, 'lets go out and catch a raccoon!' He'd never seen one in the wild before and was truly delighted that they were there. His enthusiasm for all things makes it hard for him to committ to any one thing. In his life he has been a master chili maker, a cheese cake expert, a potter, a photographer, a harmonica player, a traveler and probably a whole list of things I don't know about. He is also a perfectionist. For example, in the height of his chilli making days he happened upon an address for a ranch in New Mexico that sold premium chilli spicies. He ordered some and from then on his chilli could only be made with ingrediants from the ranch. Truly, his chilli was amazing. However, he lost the address and has never made it since. He has a thermometer for his tea (green tea shouldn't be brewed with boiling water) and told me of a really nice tea that you can only get in the spring. I could go on but I have class soon and should get ready to go.

ps - the new tv show 'heros' has some promise and I look forward to seeing how it develops

No comments: