Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Your Grandma she don't understand


Well, it's been about a month and half since my last post. There are three reasons for this.

  1. I am busy.
  2. I am lazy.
  3. Sometimes I do other things in my free time.

In Jasper, this summer, I had so much free time that I could do all kinds of other things and still write an up date in the old blog. I can only imagine what my grandmother and aunt must have thought me - I was either at work, on the computer, or reading. Hey I'm cool. I did actually develop a pretty good relationship with my aunt's dog, Lucky. He's a border collie, and the type of dog I have decided I will get, when I can get a dog.

But back in Halifax things are less dull. I am currently enrolled in an education programme to become a high school social studies/english teacher. The programme is pretty intense. It's not that the work is difficult, or marked with high standards (just doing the work garauntees an A). The problem is the amount of work and the group work (I loath group work).

Capital M is currently listening to 'combat baby' by Metric. If anyone wants to be both amazed and delighted with a truly great band, check them out. Here's a link to their website: http://www.ilovemetric.com/. Also, since I'm on the subject of good music, I feel I should bring up The Dance Hall Crashers. Marzipan introduced to me this band shortly before we started dating and my life has never been the same. Seriously, I sometimes think this must be how a born again Christian feels about God. DHC totally rocks. Part punk, part ska, all good. If I have a mission in life it's to spread the word of the Dance Hall Crashers...

Wow, I just reread the first paragraph and not only is it sad that Lucky (who really is a great dog) was my only friend in town, but it also didn't flow with the rest of the paragraph. And I'm going to be teaching English...

ps- I like it when kids call me Mr.V

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No Problem!
roxy