Saturday, July 23, 2005

According to my wife...

While walking down the street today I saw a man wearing a shirt that said "according to my wife... I'm happy" Being that I don't have much going on any given day, and today being no exception, I had time to think about that shirt. Was it supposed to be funny? Is it some sort of inside joke, shared among the man, his wife and a few close family members and friends? If so, why wear a shirt about it? What exactly does the wife think the man is happy about? Is he supposed to be satisified with his life and place of employment? Is the shirt a not so subtle reminder that things could be worse? Or is the man so miserable in life that the shirt is supposed to tell the world he has an overbearing, domineering, ogre of a wife who dictates how he feels? If so, is wearing a shirt a good way to deal with a complex marital problem. I don't think so.
It's unfortunate the shirt was ever made. The man should have his credit card taken away and his spending habits monitered. His wife is either the butt of a cruel joke or some monster. Either way the couple has issues.

No comments: